French President Emmanuel Macron, honored as the Chief Guest for India’s 75th Republic Day celebrations in the national capital, is set to arrive in Jaipur on January 25. Here are ten noteworthy aspects to know about President Macron’s visit:
- Amber Fort Tour: President Macron will commence his visit with a tour of the iconic Amber Fort. Subsequently, he will be welcomed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and the two leaders will explore the vibrant Pink City together.
- India-France Strategic Partnership: Macron’s visit signifies the culmination of the 25th-anniversary celebrations of the India-France Strategic Partnership, highlighting the enduring bond between the two nations.
- City Decked Up: In anticipation of the French President’s arrival, Jaipur has been adorned with posters featuring Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Macron, adding to the festive atmosphere.
- Republic Day Chief Guest: Macron is visiting India at the invitation of Prime Minister Modi to be the chief guest at the 75th Republic Day celebrations, underscoring the strong diplomatic ties between the two countries.
- Joint Participation in Republic Day Parade: On Republic Day, a contingent from the French armed forces will actively participate in the parade and flypast, standing alongside their Indian counterparts.
- Cultural Interaction: Macron’s itinerary includes interactions at Amber Fort with artisans, stakeholders in Indo-French cultural projects, and students. Following this, he will join Prime Minister Modi in exploring key landmarks in the Pink City, including Jantar Mantar.
- Bilateral Talks: After their tour, President Macron and Prime Minister Modi will engage in comprehensive bilateral talks, fostering discussions on diplomatic, economic, and cultural collaborations.
- Past Visits: Macron has previously visited India on a state visit in March 2018 and during an official visit in September 2023 for the Delhi G20 Summit. He has also hosted Prime Minister Modi in France on four separate occasions.
- Accompanying Delegation: Macron’s visit includes a ministerial delegation featuring Stephane Sejourne (Europe and Foreign Affairs), Sebastien Lecornu (Armed Forces), and Rachida Dati (Culture). Additionally, a business delegation comprising representatives from French majors, SMEs, mid-caps, and ESA astronaut Thomas Pesquet will accompany him.
- Symbolic Republic Day Parade Participation: This marks France’s sixth participation as the Chief Guest on India’s Republic Day, affirming the deep-rooted defense ties between the two nations. The visit follows Prime Minister Modi’s trip to Paris for France’s Bastille Day on July 14, 2023.
President Macron’s visit to Jaipur not only symbolizes the shared history and friendship between India and France but also strengthens the strategic partnership as the two nations embark on a new chapter of collaboration.
Republic Day 2024 Themes Unveiled
This year, the Republic Day 2024 will be celebrated under the themes “Viksit Bharat” and “Bharat – Loktantra ki Matruka.”
President's Address on Republic Day 2024
On 26th January, the Indian President, currently Honorable Droupadi Murmu, will deliver the annual speech from Rajpath in New Delhi. Notably, this year witnessed a special moment as the President unfurled the national flag.
Republic Day Parade Spectacle
The Republic Day parade, commencing at 10:30 am from Vijay Chowk, showcases the might of India’s military and cultural diversity. The President’s unfurling of the national flag replaces the traditional role of the Prime Minister.
Highlights of Republic Day 2024 Parade
Anticipate a vibrant display of India’s military prowess and cultural heritage. Witness synchronized marches by the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force, showcasing their dedication and strength. Each Indian state will present a tableau, providing a colorful glimpse into its unique traditions and achievements.
Prepare for awe-inspiring motorcycle stunts by the Indian Army’s daredevils, pushing the boundaries of skill and bravery. Look to the skies for a flypast by Indian Air Force