Witness the battle for supremacy as Michigan faces off against Washington in the College Football Playoff National Championship, both vying for their first national title since the 1990s. The top-seeded Michigan clashes with second-seeded Washington in a Monday showdown that will crown a new college football king.
Michigan quickly asserted dominance with an eight-play scoring drive, taking an early 7-0 lead. However, Washington fought back, narrowing the gap to just a touchdown by halftime. Michigan’s control at the line of scrimmage and game pace has been notable, but Washington, as seen in their last scoring drive, remains a resilient contender.
While these schools have had notable postseason matchups, including Washington’s victory over Michigan in the Rose Bowl for their last title in 1992, this marks the first time either has participated in a defined national championship game. The winner will mark a milestone as the College Football Playoff’s four-team era comes to a close, only the second CFP National Championship without a Southeastern United States participant.
Stay tuned for live updates from the College Football Playoff National Championship on Monday, with CBS Sports providing live highlights and analysis as Michigan battles Washington.
How to Watch National Championship 2024:
- Game: 2024 College Football Playoff National Championship
- Date: Monday, Jan. 8 | Time: 7:30 p.m. ET
- Location: NRG Stadium — Houston
- TV: ESPN | Live Stream: fuboTV (Try for free)
Michigan vs. Washington: Alternate Viewing Options:
- Field Pass with Pat McAfee Show: ESPN2, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Command Center: ESPNU, fuboTV (Try for free)
- Skycast: ESPNEWS, fuboTV (Try for free)
- All-22, Hometown Radio Feeds, Halftime Band Performances, and more: Available via ESPN’s app
Michigan vs. Washington Storylines:
- Michigan: Overcoming past CFP semifinal losses, Michigan secured a spot in the championship with an overtime victory against No. 4 Alabama. Known for a physical style of football, the Wolverines aim to maintain their tough approach against Washington’s finesse style.
- Washington: Boasting a potent offense, Washington relies on quarterback Michael Penix Jr. and a dynamic passing attack. With a strong offensive line and standout performances, they aim to emerge as the kings of college football under Coach Kalen DeBoer’s second season.
Who will triumph in the clash between Michigan and Washington? For insights and simulations, visit SportsLine and discover which side of the spread hits well over 50% of the time, courtesy of a proven computer model with a track record of nearly $2,000 in profit over the past seven-plus seasons.